There are literally thousands of different substances used in the workplace.
Cleaners, adhesives, paints, solvents, pesticides, inks, lubricants and fuels are just some examples. And of course, they come in different forms: powders, granules, solids, liquids and gases.
This program covers:
• An Introduction to Hazardous Substances
• How we can be harmed by Hazardous Substances
• The common problems
• Minimising potential exposures
• The role of the organisation
• The role of the individual
The objective of this program is to highlight the major hazard areas associated with the use of hazardous substances and by so doing, increase awareness of the standards for worker responsibility in observing and being active in daily safety procedures.
DURATION: 10 Minutes